HIRING WAGE: $14.56/hr
STATUS: Part-time with benefits
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
APPLICATION MATERIALS: Apply online at adacounty.id.gov/jobs
This position is responsible for recruiting, screening and selecting Veteran Mentors, as well as supervising and educating volunteer mentors regarding the Ada County Veterans Treatment Court. This position also mentors veterans by guiding and supporting the veteran participant as he/she progresses through the court process. The position will also coordinate all mentor activities with the Court team staff, Court Coordinator, and the Judge.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS
This position performs complex and varied work under general supervision. The position is given latitude to exercise discretion and independent judgment to accomplish tasks.
• Develops and implements a mentor recruitment and training plan;
• Supervises mentors, assigns work, reviews and evaluates performance and counsels mentors;
• Recruits, screens and selects mentors;
• Organizes and conducts training;
• Develops community support relationships;
• Maintains mentor files;
• Speaks publicly to recruit volunteers and promotes education and awareness of the program;
• Coordinates activities;
• Sustains and evolves the mentoring program;
• Meets with participants;
• Assists the participant in resolving their concerns regarding the court procedures;
• Acts as a coach, guide, role model and advocate for the participant.
• Performs related functions as required.
• Must be a member or a veteran of one of the branches of the United States Armed Forces;
• Combat experience preferred;
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
• Ability to be an active listener;
• Ability to demonstrate a professional demeanor and the ability to interact with others with discretion and tact;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Knowledge of the criminal justice system;
• Knowledge of chemical dependency;
• Knowledge of community resources and services;
• Knowledge of modern office equipment, practices and procedures;
• Skill in the operation of a personal computer;
• Skill in public speaking.
• Must adhere to all of the Ada County Veterans Treatment Court program's policies and procedures.
• This position has been designated safety sensitive and therefore the incumbent is subject to random drug testing.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Work is performed primarily in an office environment and the employee in this class is subject to inside environmental conditions;
• May be required to lift up to 20 lbs;
• Requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, which permits the employee to function in a general office environment to accomplish tasks.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers