Experienced Bookkeeper for Homecare and Nurse Staffing Agency
QR Code Link to This Post
Nurse Staffing 24/7 Idaho Homecare is a privately held company providing homecare services to the elderly and staffing services to facilities. 24/7 started in the Treasure Valley in 2006 and currently has 2 offices, with their corporate office in Meridian, ID
This is a fulltime position, Monday through Friday, 800am - 5pm, our office is located in Meridian. 24/7 is a fun working environment with a lot of energy and exciting growth and we are looking to hire an enthusiastic team player to grow with us! Interested applicants should reply with their résumé AND salary requirements.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with a customer service orientation and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail and accuracy, confidentiality, and strong oral and written communication skills are important qualifications for this position. Will be working within a team environment and outside CPA firm.
• Receivables: Record and deposit incoming checks, credit card payments, and ACH transactions. Monitor the outstanding receivables on a continual basis to make sure we are not getting behind in receiving payments. Follow-up on receivables per company policy.
• Payables: Record incoming bills and invoices and allocate to the correct month. Pay invoices according to the due date.
• Reporting: Prepare financial statements monthly and as requested.
• Reconciliation: Reconcile checking account and credit card statements monthly.
• Clients: Records Management
o NEW - Record new client deposits and review file for completeness (make sure we have a signed service agreement and deposit check and/or LTC insurance information. If the client is Medicaid, make sure we have the necessary forms). Verify the bill rate as per the agreement against the bill rate setup in software program.
o TERMED - When notified of a termed client, create final invoice and then change status to "inactive" in software program. Apply deposit to final invoice or issue refund.
o Client service: Handle any client related questions on invoicing and deposits.
Should have experience with the following to work within the billing team:
• Verifying necessary information required for the billing of all 3rd party payers and self-pay patients and updates billing system when appropriate
• Reviewing and correcting errors from the daily claim rejection report.
• Utilizing various follow-up tools and systems to ensure timely processing and payment of claims that were submitted, to web based portals
• Reviewing 3rd party Explanation of Benefits and Medicare and Medicaid Remits reports to ensure correct payment for services provided.
• Reviewing Explanation of Benefits and Remits reports and takes appropriate action to ensure payment or resolution of claims.
• Collaboration with Patient Access, Health Information Management and Utilization Review staff to resolve issues.
• Assisting in claim appeal process.
• MUST HAVE MEDICAL BILLING EXPERIENCE
• Minimum of an AA in accounting or business administration, with knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
• Experience in reconciling and resolving discrepancies
• Minimum of two years of experience working with payroll, invoicing, accounts receivable and collections, accounts payable, and general ledger.
• Proficiency in QuickBooks Online, Microsoft Office, and Windows.
• Preference will be given to candidates with proficiency in Hometrak software system.
Excellent benefits to include Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Dental, Life, Medical and a Simple IRA
Pre Employment Drug Screen required, Criminal Background Check and 2 positive references required for this position.